Been inspired to help your neighbor this year?
Consider joining us as we partner with Seattle’s Low Income Housing Institute (lihi.org) to build tiny houses for the new encampments in the Greenwood and Georgetown neighborhoods.
A COMMUNITY MODEL FOR DEVELOPING TRANSITIONAL HOMELESS HOUSING
GOAL: develop portable cottage housing units on donated/designated land to tangibly address local homeless housing needs.
This is a not-for-profit outreach opportunity for you, your organization, church, or youth group to serve and impact the homeless in our community. Twenty volunteers will raise funds and assemble cottage-housing units provided by Carriage Houses Northwest. This simple 20•20•20 model will generate the cost of materials for four cottage housing units and build them in one Saturday!
20 Volunteers • Sponsored by 20 Friends • Give $20 Each
- 20 volunteers enlist sponsors to raise money needed for building costs
- Those same volunteers build 4 cottages for the homeless on one Saturday
- Volunteer teams will have pre-fabricated kit components which are easy to assemble – NO construction EXPERIENCE required
- Volunteer supervisors and skilled tradesmen will be on site
- Professional local electricians will complete the interiors
ALL FUNDS FOR MATERIALS ARE PAID FOR OUT OF VOLUNTEERS’ FUNDRAISING. Click HERE to donate online now. Please mark all donations with Carriage Houses NW in the comments field. All donations are tax deductible.
When you have a moment, watch this short video about the Low Income Housing Institute’s innovative Tiny House Initiative. www.LIHI.org.